Thursday, April 19, 2012

Out of the Mouths of Babes

It has been nearly a month since I last posted anything here. Poor, neglected blog. It has been a weird month. Easter was fine, but mostly I just kept finding myself missing my parents and siblings and their families, even more than normal. This has been a month of hard things for several of my friends. It seems that everywhere I turn this month, there is someone having serious struggles of one kind or another. So I in turn feel a bit odd posting some random thought or funny story here, knowing all of that is going on. I don't know if there's official blog etiquette for matters like that.

Last night Marley, after Duncan had gotten mad at his Dad and said "You can go sleep in a big pile of poop!", very sweetly put her hand on her Daddy and said "I will thleep in the big pile of poop with you."

Doesn't it boil down to that sentiment? I hope I can offer that to my struggling friends, and that when I need it, somebody will extend such an offer to me.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Sweet Marley.

I feel that sometimes laughter is the best medicine. Mourn with those that mourn, comfort those who stand in need of comfort, and laugh for those that can't possibly get through life without it. I might be reading between the lines a bit, but I believe it wholeheartedly.

Love, hugs, and laughter. You are a true friend.

Stephanie said...

In the mouth of babes... perfect sentiment for my month too. :)

Sheree said...

She is darling! And I think that sums it up quite well.