Friday, February 6, 2009

Oh Baby!

This will be short and sweet for now- pictures to come...
We had our baby!!!  Feb. 5 at 4:28 am,  we welcomed a beautiful baby girl, which shocked us.  I had to have my midwife double check and reassure us that it really was a girl!  She's 9 lbs, 3 oz and 21 inches long.  Not the easiest birth  since she decided to turn posterior sometime between my water breaking and pushing.  Can I just say, "Ouch"?  Thank heaven for water birth, a supportive and loving husband and an awesome midwife.  So she's here, she's healthy, and we couldn't be happier!  We named her Marley.  No middle name yet.  :)

11 comments:

chelon:) said...

congrats girl!! i can't wait to see the pictures. i love you and wish that i could be there to support you :( i am there in spirit! xoxo

Katy said...

Wow, what a fun surprise!! That girl is going to love having all those handsome older brothers watching over her! I love the name, too. I am so excited for you guys. Congratulations!!!

Rachel Rocks said...

Way to go neighbor friend :) Tanner told me that since you have a new baby Duncan is not the youngest anymore. And then Tanner told me that again, several times. He even woke up this morning and told me that again! Chloe told me that her and Duncan were now twins. I asked her how? She said it was because they were both the second youngest in their families. Well, we couldn't be happier for you guys. Congratulations! Little girls rock!

Rachel Rocks said...

umm...I didn't realize that I was logged on as "Rachel Rocks", the previous post was from me, Mindy.

Heather said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
A Girl WoW!!!Please let me know if you need anything and if you need a ride to and from school for Noah.

Katey said...

CONGRATS!!!! I need to call you...

Kat said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you. She will be loved very much by your family and her big brothers. I can't wait to see some pictures. I bet she is adorable!

bananaberry128 said...

congrats! miss u!
send those measurments....i promise no hearts! ;D

Janet said...

Wow, congrats! I bet she is adorable!

Adhis said...

Congratulations! Just wondering how you are doing on pink. I'll email you.

michele said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys. You are so amazing to birth your babies at home. I am impressed. I wish you and your family the very best.