Thursday, November 5, 2009

Read While Hungry


Christmas is coming. You knew that. Some of my friends have received one of my super-delicious-made-with-love-but-more-importantly-awesome-ingredients-apples as Christmas gifts in the past. Don't you think everyone you know should receive one this year, or at least the people you like? Caramel, chocolate, roasted almonds... aaaw, yeah.

Yeah, I have officially lost my mind. As if I don't have enough to do, I am going to attempt selling apples this year. As in, taking orders and staying up all night covered in almond dust and cellophane bags. There's a reason not everyone I know gets an apple every year. They take some serious time and effort to make!

Why are you doing this, Wendy? Um, Christmas is coming. My kids might want a few things. I'm poor. That's right, I said it. P-O-O-R. I'm not crafty. I make food. That's one thing I'm fairly good at. So if you have co-workers, teachers, neighbours, etc, that you need to bless with a unique Christmas gift, or if you just need to kiss up to somebody, help a craft-impaired girl out. I realize a sales pitch on a blog is super lame, but whatever, it's my blog.

Here's the nitty gritty:
*Apples are $7.50 each, or $6.00 each if you order three or more.
*They come in individual cellophane bags, tied with pretty ribbon, which you are free to change if you hate what I pick.
*You can choose milk or dark chocolate (I use good chocolate, no cheap waxy stuff here)
*They last a good 7-10 days in the fridge uncut.
*I need at least 3 days' notice if you need them for a certain date, especially for larger quantities, ie, more than 8.
*I can't ship them as they require refrigeration.

So there you go. Fancy Schmancy Apples. Made by me. Yum.


13 comments:

Adhis said...

I've had one of these sinful orbs before and truly, they are the most delicious gourmet apples that have ever graced these tastebuds!

'Til what date are you making them?
How does someone get their order? Do we pick them up? Do you bring them?
Where the heck do you live anyway?

Adhis said...

BTW, couldn't you ship them by UPS 2-Day Air or UPS Next Day?

CBG said...

I'm planning on going up until about Dec. 21 as a last drop off/pick up day. I'll probably drop them off unless somebody wants to come get them. I live in Orem, just 2 minutes off the Center St. exit. I could ship if I wanted the headache, and someone wanted to pay ridiculous sums of $$ for it... maybe next year if this one goes well. :) And thanks for the kind words. You do have a way with them. :)

JaNae said...

yea!!!! you're doing it! I'll be letting everyone I know, know.

Stephanie said...

Mmmm... your apples are delicious! Good luck with the staying up all night part! Man, I just wish I was closer than shipping distance. Maybe this is an occasion worth flying in for...

Kat said...

I have not heard about your apples. They sound delicious! :)

chelon:) said...

dang...no shipping? awesome idea wen :) i hope that you sell tons of them. for those of you that haven't tried them, they are the ABSOLUTE.BEST.APPLES.EVER!! so sad that i will miss this opportunity. if you find a way to ship them, i am so in! xoxo

Janet said...

I want to order some!!!!!
Can you email me your email?
Beagley61@hotmail.com

Thanks!

CBG said...

Thanks friends!!! I just had a guy at church sheepishly tell me he ended up eating the entire apple his wife got and so he'll be needing another one so she can actually have some. :) Pass on the info to whomever you want! Oh, and thanks Janet for reminding me: wootz04@hotmail.com if you need more info or want to order. Sorry Steph & Chelon, you know I'd share with you if I could!!

Callie Canlas said...

ooooo! knowing we've gotten one of these makes me feel special :) and i'm tallying up how many i need and i'll email you soon!

Olsens R Us said...

I'm reading along....totalling buying the sales pitch while calculating how many I have to order for teacher gifts....until I reach the no shipping available line- BUMMER, but very understandable. That adds a whole nother realm of craziness to the business venture! I am excited for you though, what a great idea and a great way to bring in some cash for the holidays. If you figure out how to ship- maybe I can spring for some dry ice in the packaging :) I will order some for teachers, seriously. OH WAIT A MINUTE. I just read your comment. You seriously live in Orem? We are coming there for Christmas! Will you be around anytime between Dec 18th and Jan 1st? I'd love to see you! And I'll buy one for myself when I get there :)

Olsens R Us said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

I got my apples!!! Hooray! Thank you so much they look fabulous!