Friday, September 16, 2011

Why I Like Rain

I like water.

I never have to squint when it's raining.

I like food. Food comes from plants. Plants need water.

It makes different sounds on my roof, windows, the driveway and trees. All of the sounds make me happy.

It cleans the earth a little.

I love when the sky is filled with big, dark, grey clouds.

There might be thunder and lightning, and I get to make up answers about where they come from when my kids ask. They believe whatever I say.

There might be a rainbow. Marley screams like a little girl when there's a rainbow. Because, she's a little girl. And rainbows are awesome.

It gets cooler outside when it rains, and I like it cooler.

My hair actually gets better when it's rained on.

Puddles are extraordinarily fun. Especially driving though them at high speeds or jumping in them with my kids. Or without my kids. I'm just saying.

Rain is the closest thing to a car wash that I ever get.

I have on occasion cried in the rain, and then no one can tell. They just think I look like crap because of the rain.

The Everly Brothers (who I love) have a most excellent song about Crying in the Rain (that I love). Rain and the Everly Brothers are a nearly unbeatable combination.

One of this planet's all time best smells is the air right during and after the rain falls. I swear that smell extends life or creates brain cells or something. It's magical stuff.

It makes me feel some of my British and Scottish heritage right on my skin.

God made rain. How can you argue with that?

3 comments:

Kristen said...

This morning I had to run outside real quick to put the pipes on the rain spouts. I reeeeally wanted to stay out there. Forever.

I guess it's good that I came back inside to my three little ones.

In our farming town, all growing up we fasted for rain to help with the drought. This year our stake fasted to show gratitude, that we didn't have to fast for rain. =o)

Now I'm thirsty.

CBG said...

When are they going to put a "Like" button on Blogger? Like.

DTurnerFamily said...

your hair gets BETTER in the rain? JEALOUS!! that is probably the only thing I don't like about rain. but living in chilliwack, you'd better like the rain or at least not mind it or you'd go mental...or maybe melt or something! best activity in the rain?? SOCCER!