Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Step Away From the Keyboard

So I thought I'd change things up a bit and do a political post, and share my views on the remaining nominees. And then I thought, no. No I won't.

Then I've been thinking a lot about music and how my tastes and preferences have changed over the years, and how some of them haven't at all. I still love me some Howard Jones. I still don't have any love for country music. Music makes me so happy. Or more specifically, my music, loud, while I'm alone in my car, singing like I know how, makes me happy. Lately in my cd player, you'd find either Sarah Bareilles, Kelly Clarkson, Adele, Coldplay, Colbie Caillat, or today most likely Jessie J (the clean album, don't call my Bishop). And then "Who's Laughing Now?" came on and I was singing along and no longer contemplating blog posts.

This week I've been so tired, baby has been absolutely horridly awake every night of late. And I have thought about drinking 3 or 4 Five Hour Energy's, in part to keep me standing upright, and in part to see what kind of blog post would come out of an over tired but hopped up on caffeine Wendy. That may still be forthcoming. But I couldn't get to the store today.

So here we are. It's 6:30 pm and I am dressed, but never got my hair done today. I need to exercise, but am only interested in exercise I could do while laying face down on the floor. I need to see my chiropractor. And my phone is busted. No more blogging while blotto. Sorry.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Two women so very different, and yet so alike.

My favorite blog post EVER is one that I actually never wrote. I still see it in my mind sometimes. It was good. Really good. It's too bad the rest of you have to put up with my posts that are... adequate.

Enjoy your workout.

Almost bedtime said...

Hang in there girlfriend. The fact that you have managed to write anything at all with a baby keeping you up all hours is amazing in itself. I too need to exercise. But opted for a bottle of white wIne instead. There's always tomorrow...

Adhis said...

At least you're writing. I miss writing. And thinking up stories. And just being able to sit and think.

Kristen said...

I miss Adhis doing that too. You are master of your own fate. Get back on it! (If you really want to, that is.) I should really be the one to talk...

Kat said...

I completely understand the baby being up all night long and needing the 5 hour energy drinks. LOL :) Good luck, and I hope you get some sleep soon!