Friday, January 6, 2012

Me: Also Available In Happy.

Spent, drained, worried, concerned, relieved, grateful, sad, stressed, exhausted, sorry, sympathetic, overwhelmed, wound up, scattered, confused, frustrated... these are some of the options available currently.

The Happy Wendy appears to be out of stock or on back order. Perhaps some refurbishing going on. If you don't like this version, you can always try back in a few days or so.

It has been a rough week. There is no way to avoid the way a week like this sort of tears me to shreds while I'm busy dealing with crises, and then vanishes, leaving me with a giant mess of built up thoughts and emotions to sort through. Today I've begun sorting.

It's not fun.

35 seizures in just over 7 hours. My boy. My poor, sweet, innocent, doesn't-he-already-have-enough-to-deal-with boy. I steal extra kisses, say extra I love you's, because for a while there, there's no way to know if it might be my last chance. I place my hand on his back or just under his nose to make sure he is still breathing. I do it a ridiculous number of times.

How much can one little body take? I absolutely hope to never discover the answer to that question.

He's coming around. Talking a bit. Today he was able to pick up and hold a cup again, and get it to his mouth. He could stand and walk without crumpling to the floor. And with each little bit that he is restored, so am I. My heart always seems to be the last thing.

Soon my boy will be back, with his mischievous laugh and Cheshire cat grin. And I will be laughing with him, though he almost never lets me in on the joke.

For now? Still sorting. I know that Happy has got to be around here somewhere...

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Happiness is fleeting; Joy is eternal.

Kristen said...

(It's okay to not be happy all the time. You will know true joy in the long run because you sacrifice for what really matters.) YAY for Noah! I've had a killer week too. Different details, but the same result. It will get better.

Adhis said...

I hate this.

I know I mentioned this on Facebook, but I'll say it again. I was a mess and lilAdhis was exhausted for over a day after her big seizure. Even though it has been many, many months since she had it, my body always freezes up whenever I hear a thud in the other room. I force my body to move in a rushed but calm manner to make sure she is not lying unconscious on the floor.

So, to hear that your baby boy had 35... ACK!

ACK!

ACK! I say. I feel tired just thinking about it. I'd be a mess, so you have complete carte blanche on declaring a temporary backorder on Happy Wendy.

I am glad you and Noah are now experiencing healing.

Mariah said...

If I could remember how to leave a comment using my own identity, Competent Mariah might be found in a store near you soon. What I wanted you to know is that much love and many prayers are sent your way. Even by people you wouldn't think were praying for you. Thank you for your grace and humor on the page, Wendy. It inspires me.

Kelly Rigby said...

I've felt like that from far less serious events...you are one tough cookie Wend, and we are thrilled that Noah is on his way back to the boy we know and love...give him some kisses from his favourite aunt and adoring cousins...these guys would fly there for tickles if we had our own jet!!! <3

Almost bedtime said...

I can't begin to imagine what you must have gone through with your son, Wendy. I hope that both of you are able to get some much needed rest and that the worst is over. I'm sending positive vibes your way.

Kat said...

Wendy, I am so glad to hear that he is recovering. And before you know it he will be back to his old self. I hope that happy Wendy returns soon. :) Love you, and I love your comments.

Janet said...

Your blog makes me cry and laugh and think and hug my kids tighter. I hope Happy Wendy can come back soon. :)