Thursday, January 14, 2010

Vegetari-raw-vegan-lacto-kindahealthyarians...?

Ah, forget it. We eat weird. Vegetarian, yes. Sometimes vegan (no dairy or animal products at all), nearly entirely raw foodists for about a year, no deep-fried stuff, no high-fructose corn syrup, no hydrogenated oil, carbonated drinks maybe a few times a year, no bleached flour... we've experimented with a lot of different kinds of eating, for health, and sometimes pure curiosity. I'm sure we're not through with trying different ways of eating and hopefully improving our health and well-being. That's not to say we are pillars of health and health food, we ate lots of unhealthy stuff over Christmas, especially, but we do try.

I get asked questions about the things I do all the time, because let's face it, we're a little off the beaten path in more ways than one over here. But far and away, the question I get asked most is "So what do you guys eat?". So my question is this, would anyone care to know? Recipes, individual ingredients that you might not know about or know how to use... not that I'm wanting to do a "food blog", but I could include posts about it since food is kind of a big part of every day life. Tell me what you think, friends. I'm hungry.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I would love some ideas! I'm not a big fan of meat, so I'd love some ideas of meals to make without it!

chelon:) said...

i too would love some ideas of eating healthier. i don't want to become a vegetarian...but info on use of good ingredients would help. as you know, we are a huge fan of your artichoke pasta!! so any more recipes like that? great...now i am hungry ;)

Sheree said...

YES! I would love to know what you eat. I'd love to have some new recipes to try.

JaNae said...

even if the only time I could use the recipes is when Gary is out of town, he thinks meat is always what's for dinner, I would love some for me and my mini's
Plus how you go about making your famous shakes, one day I will own a blendtec *crossing my fingers*

Adhis said...

I could use a new recipe to add in the mix. Bring it!

Heather said...

Help!!! This is exactly what I need. I have no desire to cook or make anything...I'm in a "food funk" This is a great idea:)

Katy said...

Yes, definitely.

The answer to one of the great mysteries of the universe (what DO the Hoops eat?) needs to be revealed! ;-)

I am excited for some new ideas.