Monday, September 27, 2010

In Case You Were Wondering...

Some songs make me cry.
I spend time missing people who probably don't miss me.
I leave my house in my pajamas way more often than I should.
I like rainy days more than sunny days.
Wicker freaks me out.
Once you're my friend, once I love you, it is nearly impossible to change my mind about you.
I'm a bit of a stickler about spelling, and words like their/there/they're. Somebody once told me that "stickler" is just another word for "pain in the butt." I'm okay with that.
I studied theatrical make-up in college because I was too chicken to audition (as an actor) for shows until my last year of school.
I used to be completely fluent in French.
I hate cowboy boots.
I don't always volunteer my opinions, but just ask me. I have them. Lots of them.
I wish I was 5' 7".
I struggle with post-partum depression.
I'm not a snob. Except about chocolate.
I thought at some point I'd get on Oprah. No idea what for.
If I could pick a talent to be brilliant at, it would be singing.
I've given three people bloody noses in my life. If I had had my way, there would have been one more.
My favourite way to pray is alone, out loud, in my car.
I have only been in a police car once. It was not at all what I expected.
I typically like British humour way better than North American humour.
I will avoid being embarrassed at almost any cost.
Seafood makes me gag.
If you have seen Dead Poet's Society, you have pretty much seen my high school.
I come from one of the most normal families I've ever seen. And we're not that normal.
I have never drunk cola or alcohol on purpose.
My siblings are all people I would be friends with even if we weren't related.
I have been bored enough to search for and trim my own split ends. Though I can't believe I ever had time for that.
I can't stand Titanic.
I've had all my babies at home, and not because I was trying to prove anything.
I've been vegetarian for over 14 years.
Shopping makes me cranky.
My cat allergy once landed me in the hospital.
Fall is my absolute favourite season.
I don't get the whole ketchup on eggs thing.
I think gratitude is one of the most important attributes anyone can have.
There are people in my life I can probably never fully repay, but I will try.
Christmas music will likely start playing in October at my house.

What are some things that make you weird? I mean, you?



5 comments:

Janet said...

I loved reading these!! You are awesome Wendy. I totally can relate to some of them.
Something that makes me weird is I can't touch newspaper. Seriously, I will freak out.

chelon:) said...

i loved this post! really got me thinking...i am just not weird!! hehe :)
actually, seafood makes me gag too.
i pray aloud in my car.
i sing super loud in the car.
i wish that i had a good voice. the song on MASH gives me the creeps.
i plug my ears while watching scary movies.
i want to be a good photographer.
i hope that i am a good friend! (i really try to be.)

hmmm...great things to think about.

love you wen!

JaNae said...

you're hilarious!
ps these things don't make you weird they make you Awe-some!

(I have been known to eat an entire bottle of pepperoncini for just the juice and seeds)

Stephanie said...

LOVE THIS!! You make me want to start writing on my blog again... hmmm...

Kristen said...

Wow. We're so DIFFERENT. And I thought I was the weird one. You're so normal. Aren't you? =o)

I grew up in a school like Napolean Dynamite, except mine was smaller.

I can eat almost anything and enjoy it. I can't comprehend how people don't like certain foods.

I love seeing fashion on other people but I don't want to wear it.

I am way smarter than I let on to people. Why? Because they'll want to prove me wrong. Admit it, you were thinking it. I pretend to not know things when I do.

I can overcome pain by concentrating on it. I can actually make a headache go away.

I hate hearing excuses. Give me an excuse and I'll shoot it down. Just tell me you're sorry and I'm immediately on your side.

I'm not afraid to die. Not even a little bit.

I have a daily cleaning schedule and would die before slacking off. (Maybe that's why I'm not afraid to die? Haha.)

I like simple compliments but when I realize someone is actually jealous, it makes me cry. Later. Really hard. Jealousy is hateful.

I don't think people were intended to live in big cities any more than cattle were intended to live in CAFO's.

My hearing is amazing. Sometimes I wish I didn't hear what I do. Nice people say mean things when they think nobody can hear them.

I like to ramble on and on. Did you notice? And mine aren't nearly as interesting as yours. Hmmm.