Monday, November 28, 2011

Pin Worthy?

I am a little behind, as usual, but I have finally gotten on Pinterest.com. Overall, I am loving it, as it allows me to remember and keep all the awesome things I find online all in one place. No more million bookmarks, or spending hours trying to find that-one-thing-I-found-on-that-one-website.

Some of the things I have pinned on my boards are things that are tried and true that I love, other things are just cool finds that I hope to have/make/try at some point. To this end, I have decided I will hold regular Pinterest experiments here on my blog. I will take pictures and report on the outcome of whatever I'm trying out. This will include recipes, hairstyling techniques, household or cleaning tricks or shortcuts, or heaven help me even a craft or two, pretty much anything I find that looks awesome.

This is prompted by some hairstyling tutorials I have found online that I absolutely know will not turn out on me the way they are portrayed. Mostly due to my lack of skill, but also because I swear some people post how-to's or things online that they know an average joe can't do, just to mess with us.

So here's to hopefully some successes (Pin Worthy!) and lots of failures, because goodness knows the failures will make for a much more interesting and entertaining read.

In the meantime, here's my Pinterest page. If you aren't on there yet, but want to be, send me an email and I'll send you an invite. If I know you. And I know for a fact that you aren't nuts. There have to be minimum requirements.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm not sure I meet the minimum requirements but I'll get back to you on that one.

A friend posted this: "I love Pinterest because I can sit around for hours at a time, pinning things I have no intention of actually doing, and at the end of the day I feel like I was the most creative person ever." Hehehehe. I can't wait to see your experiments!

ps- I made a cake. It was all my idea. It took forever. One of the kids' moms said "Oh I saw that on Pinterest!" So basically she should get credit for my cake. =o)

I'm not a hater. I shall get hooked one of these days. (And why does nobody mind saying that they got pinned? Seriously.)