Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hair Experiments #2 & #3: A Yikes and A Nice.

This is the next Pinterest hair experiment. It sounded fascinating to me that I could get beachy waves from a flat iron...

My hair after twisting and ironing on the left, partially pulled through on the right, and then a shot of how it ended up.









It's not too beachy. Wavy, yes. A little crazy and frizzy, yes. With the exception of #2 on the right, the pictures don't truly show how wild and unkempt and uneven it all was. I don't think your styled hair should make you laugh, and then post picture taking, be thrown into a ponytail for the rest of the day. I'm calling this one a FAIL. But then it could just be my hair.

Then there's the curling wand. It looked fairly promising to me, like I might not totally mess it up with this.

I wrapped sections of hair around at its highest heat, and it turned out pretty well. The back, I cannot do to save my life, but so far this is the easiest way to get some decent curls/waves. The curling wand: for styling idiots.

2 comments:

Adhis said...

I think using the flat iron takes practice. And you gotta have a little bit of 'gay man' in your genes.

At least, that's my explanation as to why the guy at the open market on our vacation could do it to my hair and I cannot do it to mine.

Kristen said...

For the back, have you tried using clips or claws to keep extra hair out of the way? Divide it so you're only working with one small section, and treat each section like it's the front. I always do better with the back. Then again I also have freakishly long arms.

I think you look beautiful in all of them.