Monday, December 19, 2011

Dip: Not Fit For Celery

Have you ever made a new recipe and then wished you had never found it in the first place? I'm not talking the colossal failures, I'm talking the ones you can't stop eating. I have found a few of those this past year, but the most recent is a little Pinterest gem:

Cookie Dough Dip.

Here's the recipe:

8 oz cream cheese, soft
1/2 c butter, soft
1 c. powdered sugar
2 TB brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips (any kind you like, I prefer the Mini chocolate chips)
1/2 c. Heath toffee bits (get them already smashed up, right by the chocolate chips in the baking aisle)

Beat the cream cheese and butter together. Add everything else, and blend at low speed. Chill.

Serve with graham crackers or some other plain cookie. If you like the salty/sweet combo, you can also serve it with pretzels. And in the interest of decorum and good manners, I would remind you that it's not polite to just shove your whole face in there.

This is what theirs looked like:

Here's mine:

4 comments:

Janet said...

That looks like Heaven.

Kristen said...

Yours looks better. Theirs looks like potato salad.

I would eat both though. Mmm.

None a' yer business! said...

This was the best sweet dip. I have to admit I was a little unsure as you were whipping it up. But, when we ate it on gingerbread thins I couldn't stop. Always awesome to discover new foods with you guys.

Mariah said...

So, that last comment was me. Just in case you were wondering who "none of yer business" is, it's someone who uses this computer often.