Friday, June 13, 2008

You Know Who You Are

After nearly having a too-close encounter with a semi yesterday, I'm just saying, would all you people who change lanes without signaling or looking over your shoulder, or turn right from the center lane instead of the actual right turn lane, or text while driving, or brake repeatedly when you're going the speed limit or slower and there's no one in front of you for miles, or tailgate me when I'm in the right hand lane and you have 3 other lanes to drive in besides mine, or straddle the line for a mile or two before actually choosing just one lane to drive in, or just go at a four-way stop whenever the spirit moves you even when it's clearly not your turn, or turn on to a main road in front from a parking lot, cutting right across my path, when I'm on the main road waiting to turn in to said parking lot, and I have a little thing called the "right of way", or act like the deserving queen of Sheba when I wave you in front of me so you don't have to wait for hundreds more cars to go by before you can go ( just give me a little thank-you wave, everyone feels better), please, please, take some driving refresher classes, or just stay home.  
      My friend JaNae  has a picture on her blog (hit the "Jorgensens" link to find it) from a few months back that her husband took (from the passenger seat) of a woman full on crocheting  while driving about 65 mph, neither hand on the wheel!  Enough!!  I'm out here, obeying the rules, being careful, and fearing for my life because you can't handle your shiny steel and metal torpedo of death.  It's not cool, not cute, and you have to follow the same rules as everyone else.  "Out my way!" as my friend Dee Dee used to scream as she wildly circled her bike around her cul-de-sac.  I am making the same plea, minus the crazy driving.  Come on, fellow citizens.   You know who you are.  I've got my kids in my car.  We just want to make it to Target alive.

5 comments:

Christa J. said...

I hear ya!!

chelon:) said...

you crack me up!! i think that you summed up everyones thoughts...even those people who won't admit that they are the ones you are describing!! i love you soooo much!!

bananaberry128 said...

Amen sister! Amen. I am so scared to drive on the freeway! I take the back roads everywhere!! Miss you luv u xoxoxo

Adhis said...

I hear ya and have convinced me to put my crochet needles away when I'm driving.

Unless I feel moved by the spirit to make a scarf on my way to Orem.

Orem gets cold sometimes.

JaNae said...

I'm real sorry about running you off the road that one day, between talking on my cell phone, yelling at my kids, writing my grocery list, and eating a brownie I just couldn't manage to let other people drive on the road too-I promise I'll do better. ;)